Ten Harmful Ingredients We Would Never Use in Our Skincare Products and Why
It’s no secret that our Nourishe Skincare range is 100% natural and that’s because we are proud advocators of good health and wellbeing. We would never, ever use the following products in our natural skin care range and when we tell you why you’ll be both horrified and relieved.
Horrified because you’ll be wondering why some personal care products are even allowed to have these ingredients and relieved because our natural skin care range is all about natural goodness.
Now for the reveal …
● Isopropanol - used as penetration enhancer this particular nasty is highly toxic and is even found in antifreeze! Shocking stuff we know. As our skin is our largest organ and any product we use on our skin is absorbed and filtered through the body you have to take good care not to rub in awful chemicals and toxins like this.
● Parabens - another chemical cocktail ingredient that can enter the endocrine system affecting oestrogens and can be carcinogenic. We all want to look beautiful and youthful but we shouldn’t be exposed to such harmful hazards in the process.
● Artificial fragrances and Petroleum/Petrochemicals - First of all using artificial fragrances to us is just absolutely ridiculous with all the amazing natural essential oils available what would you rather have - fake or real? Artificial is never healthy and it may smell nice but the fact is they’re just not safe and effective. Go 100% natural all the way. These types of ingredients completely muck up the body’s natural moisture balance and ironically enough create flaky, dry skin and not only that they can cause and be the reason for headaches , mood swings, dizziness and skin irritation. Nice (not!) Plus one more nasty side effect - very common trigger for asthma attacks.
● Propylene glycol - another chemical laden ingredient used as a moisture penetration enhancer. These synthetically processed products are even found with wonderful natural sounding names so beware; some marketing genius thinks it’s funny playing around with titles and glib bylines but the fact is the side effects of this are allergic reactions, hives and eczema. Be a well informed consumer and look for natural skin care products that provides natural essential nutrients and you can’t go wrong.
● PVP/VA Copolymer - yes, we do get up on our soap box about toxic ingredients and we are never going to apologise for that and nor should we - heck this particular damaging ingredient can stop the skin breathing and have a harmful affect on the lungs.
● Sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates - for hundreds of years botanicals (plant based ingredients) have been used as a wonderful healer in personal care products and then along came the chemist and created harsh surfactants like these which can cause dryness and allergic reactions. Botanicals have regenerating powers your skin adores so why not make the most of them?
● Synthetic or artificial colours - we’re so naive to the fact that because a product looks pearly white it must be good for you; not so. These artificial ingredients may look good but they’re bad and can be carcinogenic. If you truly want fresh and healthy, natural ingredients gives you beautiful skin without any of the preservatives
● Toluene - another nasty skin and respiratory tract irritant which can also be linked to liver damage and check this out; it is an industrial solvent found in the manufacturing of paint. Please let it stop!
● Last but never least, we never, ever, ever test products on animals. This should have been outlawed years ago!
As a holistic health care provider, like those in the medical profession, we see a lot of people who aren’t well and who need help. We apply the law of nature and the profession of holistic care to help them get back to their full health and that covers everything from consulting to nourishment plans right through to the healing properties of our cleverly designed all-natural skin care. Not a drop of chemicals to be seen.
Did you know? …
It’s not just me and other holistic health care providers who are concerned about all these chemicals and toxins in your skin care and personal care products. According to research as at 2014 the EU had banned 1300 ingredients in various beauty products, whilst the USA had only banned 11 at the same time.
Ingredients likes salicylic acid used on pimples because of it’s links to salicylate poisoning and Reye’s Syndrome in children and young adults. Natural skin care and natural tonics to eliminate pimples are guaranteed safe and effective; two very important guidelines to follow for you and the whole family.
And our men should be just as worried to because this nasty is pure evil - butylparaben which is another preservative. It’s crime to humanity? Commonly found in beauty products it’s accused of making men sterile.
Isn’t it about time you took your health seriously? We’ve been lead down a very dark path but it’s not too late. You can use rejuvenating and nutritious natural skin care that has no nasty side effects that is untainted by dreadful, poisonous ingredients.
Where can you find them? We have a whole range of amazing natural skincare products that will stimulate your body’s own healing process and provide all the natural nutrients your body needs. Visit our website today at www.nourisheskincare.co.nz to discover more.